about / give
Tales of chafing and junk food from the 2019 Grand Depart. New releases each Sunday this November.
2019 Trip Reports going live
November 3, 2019
On Sep 27, fifteen riders lined up in Montpelier to take a crack at the Vermont Super 8. Read their stories below! New reports will be released each Sunday in November (and some in December).
1. Lindsay Gauld. "As I trudged up another steep rocky grade in the swampy conditions 15 miles north of Island Pond, I found myself questioning why a supposedly sane 71 yearold would choose to do this to himself."
2. Erik Nelson. "Is this a race?"
3. Nate Sanel: "it was one of the most fun things I’ve ever done."
4. David Tremblay: "I did see a size 14 bare human-like foot print in the mud. Just a heads up if any of you believe in Yetis."
5. Jeff Mullen: "I was laying in my bivy sack on my sleeping pad (my still wet sleeping bag hanging on a nail above me) just a couple feet from the heavy rain and I don’t think I could have felt cozier if I was at a 5 star hotel."
6. New! Daniel Jordan: "I saw an old woman set aside her walker and attempt to hula hoop. I got an ice cream and rode away with it."
2019 Vermont Super 8 Grand Depart :: done and dusted!
October 16, 2019
The 2019 Super 8 Grand Depart was... a lot of things for a lot of different riders! It was a huge success and could only have happened the way it did because bikepackers are awesome.
Results and trip reports coming soon! Stay tuned.
We were stoked to host the 2019 Super 8 Grand Depart on trackleaders. If you want to relive the madness, here is the trackleaders link: http://trackleaders.com/vtsuper8-19
Super 8 2019 is released for download
Aug 15, 2019
We are very stoked to announce the release of the 2019 Super 8 Bikepacking Route!
Challenging yet chill, rugged yet realistic, miserable and mystical, the Super 8 will get you there! Check it out on our routes page!